ORALITE® FD 1403 reflective trim is a single layer product and can be stitched in any area of the surface
- Article – Difference between 1403 and 1404 SOLAS.
- Adhesive Backed (peel and stick) Oralite SOLAS Tape is the brightest reflective tape on the market.
- This is the FD1403 version that is designed to be used on rigid or hard surfaces. The FD1403 SOLAS is flexible but does not stretch.
- Flexible 1403 SOLAS tape is specifically designed to increase the visibility of life boats, life rings, and a variety of other hard surfaces in marine and land environments.
- Oralite Adhesive SOLAS is also very popular for motorcyclists and bicyclist due to its extreme reflectivity.
- The tape has a strong aggressive adhesive and is designed to withstand the harsh marine environment and extreme cold.
- As you can see from the chart at the bottom of this page the candela rating is 1000 which is over 13 times brighter than standard white engineer grade reflective tape. Incredibly bright.
- FD1403 is IMO Type I and II certified and meets USCG requirements for SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea